Xiao Jun, male, PhD, chief physician, associate professor, director of medical department of ophthalmology. Since graduating from Department of clinical medicine Bethune Medical University in 1996, he has been in Department of Ophthalmology in Second Hospital of Jilin University. As a visit scholar, he ever worked in the Department of Ophthalmology Chinese People's Liberation Army General Hospital, and in Doheny eye institute United States focusing on retinal disease imaging diagnosis, age-related macular degeneration imaging.
He is specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of ocular fundus disease, uveal disease and optic neurological disease. In Jilin province, Professor Xiao is the first one to use photodynamic therapy (PDT) to treat choroidal neovascular disease. At present, He has extended the PDT treatment to chronic central serous retinopathy, choroidal hemangioma, retinal capillary hemangioma. Since 2011, he carries out the anti-VEGF treatment of age-related macular degenerationt, neovascular eye disease, macular edema secondary to retinal vascular obstruction, diabetic macular edema and other diseases. Professor Xiao also carried out the laser treatment of retinopathy of prematurity, neonatal eye disease.
Professor Xiao is the member of visual electrophysiology group, Branch of the Chinese Medical Association Ophthalmology, standing committee member of Jilin Province optics institute laser medical branch, Jilin Province Medical Association ophthalmologist committee, Jilin Province Medical Association ophthalmology branch committee.
As the head of research projects, Professor Xiao has gained 2 funds from Jilin Province Science and Technology Office, and 1 from Health Department of Jilin Province.Professor Xiao has published more than 20 articles, of which 2 in SCI journals. 18 in Chinese Core journals.
Papers published in recent 5 years:
1. Liu X, Xiao J,(coauthor) Su G. One Chinese case with benign reactive
lymphoid hyperplasia of the uvea. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology.
2. Yang B, Xiao J, Li X, Luo L, Tong B, Su G. Clinical manifestations of
syphilitic chorioretinitis: a retrospective study. International Journal of Clinical
and Experimental Medicine. 2015;8(3):4647-4655.
3. tong bo nan, Xiao jun, Yang Bo. a case of congenital retinal pigment epithelium hyperplasia [ j ]. miscellaneous ophthalmopathy in China. 2013,07; 434
4. tong bo nan, Xiao jun, Qin Chang jun, Yang Bo. a case of frostlike dendritic retinal vasculitis treatment follow-up [ j ].Chinese journal of ophthalmopathy. 2013 ( 09 ) 531 - 532.
5. Yang Bo, Xiao jun. a case of conjunctival sucking nematodes [ j ]. Chinese eye journal. 2015 ( 07 ) 542.
Department of Medical Ophthalmology was established in 2005, majored in medical retina, uveitis, ne…